Grace Church is continuing its parish-wide environmental stewardship program, Greening Grace. This spring in partnership with the City of Medford and numerous local organizations we will host the 5th annual GreenUp CleanUp to clean up Medford's parks and open spaces.
Join Us! for 2014 CleanUps
- Saturday April 5, 9AM-Noon - Capen Street Park with Tufts University
- Saturday April 26 - Grace is supporting two cleanups in honor of retiring Rt. Rev. M. Thomas Shaw, SSJE, Bishop Diocesan
9:30AM-1PM - Mystic River Cleanup - organized by Friends of the Mystic River. Meet at Hormel Stadium for supplies and assignment, details at http://www.fomr.org/
9:00 - Noon - Spring Belle Isle Marsh Cleanup organized by Friends of Belle Isle Marsh. Meet at John Kilmartin Walkway across from Short Beach at the Winthrop-Revere (Beachmont) town line.
- Sat May 10, 10AM-Noon - Dugger Park - West Medford Moms Book Club - Amy Stewart
- Sunday May 18, 2-5PM - Victory Park with Temple Shalom
- Sat June 21, 1-3PM - Clippership Park - as part of "Into the Mystic" Environmental Art Film Festival, meet at Mystic Art Gallery on Clippership Drive, behind Citizens Bank
- Margaret Smist
- Alicia Hunt
- Aram Smith
In the past cleanups have traditionally been held on a Saturday or Sunday and are scheduled based on the availability of the people and groups involved with each event. Each cleanup lasts 2-4 hours, based on the project planned. It is our preference that each cleanup have a point person and be sponsored by a group, either specifically by Grace Church, or by a partner organization. In recent years cleanups have been organized & run by Temple Shalom, Girl Scout troops, and interested families.
Grace Church arranges for support from Medford's Park Department and assists with outreach on each event.
You do not need to be a member of Grace Church to lead a park cleanup! Interested in leading a cleanup at a park or open space or making a donation to the project? More information about who does what when leading a park and the type of work we do is available on the web. Contact email@example.com to discuss how you can help!
Google Map updated for 2011 -
View GreenUp CleanUp in a larger map
If you have questions about the GreenUp CleanUp project, please email the team at GreenUpCleanUp@gracemedford.org or speak to a member of the team:
We look forward to together as a parish with the greater community to achieve our mission of preserving God's green earth!